- April 21, 2020
- Posted by: Laura
PPE – Personal Protective Equipment – has been worn in hazardous industries for years as a last resort to protect workers. Over the past couple of weeks, a global shortage has developed of the type of PPE used in construction to protect from concrete dusts when cutting on site.
The Health & Safety experts of our partner, Citation, have put together a short guide on what the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 require from business owners and some considerations to make when you provide PPE for your people.
Here are also some of their latest updates that you might find helpful to read:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: Updated Guidance
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: what is ‘work’ and what do you do if you can’t afford furlough payments?
- Chancellor announces revamp of Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Details on the right to Emergency Volunteering Leave (EVL)
Citation’s coronavirus business toolkit
With daily increases of confirmed cases of the new coronavirus, Citation is also putting together a wider toolkit of essential resources that can help safeguard your business against COVID-19, including:
- COVID-19: a guide to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and furloughed workers
- COVID-19: financial support for small and medium-sized businesses
- COVID-19: guidance on furlough, annual leave and Bank Holidays
- Guide: the most frequently asked questions around the HR and Employment Law implications of coronavirus;
- Guide: the most frequently asked questions around the Health & Safety implications of coronavirus;
- Free hand hygiene training module for employees;
- A guide to temporary homeworking;
- Top tips on how to maintain the wellbeing of your employees while they work from home;
- Who is considered a key worker?
- Managing risks to staff and your workplace.
To read all Citation’s latest guidance, click here to visit Citation’s website.
Got any questions about COVID-19 and the impact on your business?
Please call 0345 844 1111 to speak to a friendly advisor, or leave your details and query here. If you are a member of a trade association, just let them know which when making an enquiry.
Citation has also created a suite of products designed specifically to help businesses address the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis head on.
With solicitors in short supply, and charging a premium for their services, they can work with you for a flat rate or on a three, six or twelve-month basis.