- Get the contacts – Create a database of contacts that you want to get work from. Try and find first names too!
- Send a letter to your database of potential clients (see Members Area for template)
- Use the ADIA and DoorSafe logo (if you have passed!) on your email signatures and website with a link to your company profile. You can download these from the Members Area.
- Make yourself stand out – write a short but detailed description for your Directory entry on the website and printed copy (50 words)
- Have an appealing website and logo – you can get a discount for website and logo design (log into the ADIA Members Area for more information). DIY logos and sites aren’t selling your services to anyone!
- Be social – Get on social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn and document your work in photographs and articles, any special offers etc. but be professional!
- Stick it to ‘em – Remember to put your ADIA van stickers on your vehicles. You can order some more from the ADIA shop.
- Get professional business cards made from Newton Press (members get a discount!)
- Advertise – If you’re a supplier looking to sell products to ADIA Installer members, why not advertise for free on the quarterly email newsletter? You can even book an advertising space for a small fee in the Directory (2016/2017 coming later this year).
- Attend events, conferences and exhibitions – Even if you don’t necessarily meet your potential clients you will make contacts and this is key to growing any business.
Remember, the ADIA are always finding ways to contact various sectors to ensure they are made aware of our members, especially ones who have passed the BS EN16005, accredited by City & Guilds!