The ADIA Manual Handling Awareness online training course increases engineers awareness of the dangers when lifting and carrying objects at work.
Poor manual handling is a major cause of accidents and long-term ill health – 21% of reported workplace injuries in 2017/18, were a result of lifting and handling. It’s one of the most common causes of musculoskeletal disorders and can contribute to many other injuries.
Our course covers the main hazards, risk assessment, how to reduce risk and key responsibilities of the engineer.
The ADIA Manual Handling Course:
- Is only available to ADIA members
- Is free of charge
- Ensures compliance with the The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Is a fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Has full audio voiceover
- Is approximately takes 1-2 hours completion
- Certificate can be printed directly from your home or office
Online Self-Study + Online Exam
Who is this course for?
- Site Managers
- Project Manager
- Installation Worker
What you will learn
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Introduction and Legislation
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Risk Assessments for Safe Manual Handling
- Avoiding and Controlling the Risks
- Safe Manual Handling Techniques
On completion of the course, you will receive an ADIA Manual Handling Certificate. Which is HANDSA Safety Approved.