The ADIA online First Aid Awareness Course will help you to learn new skills and knowledge that help you deliver first aid, or to refresh your existing first aid skills.
The course will provide you with valuable information on what to do in an emergency, give you the confidence to take appropriate action and help you to know when to seek further medical advice.
The candidate will learn about:
- Understand workplace first aid regulations.
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a casualty.
- Know how to put casualties in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- Know how to care for people suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, heart attacks and strokes.
- Be able to deal with and respond to hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning and drowning.
- Understand the importance of recordkeeping.
This online First Aid course is essential for everyone in every workplace and every home; you never know when you may need to use first aid skills and have the confidence to act in a potentially life-threatening situation.
The ADIA First Aid Awareness Course:
- Is only available to ADIA members
- Is FREE of charge
- Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010
- Is a fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Has full audio voiceover
- Is approximately takes 1-2 hours completion
- Certificate can be printed directly from your home or office
Online Self-Study + Online Exam
Who is this course for?
- Site Managers
- Project Manager
- Installation Worker
What you will learn
On completion of the course you will be able to understand :
- The Primary Survey
- The Secondary Survey
- Treating Secondary injuries
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Secondary Illnesses and Conditions
- Further Secondary Illnesses and Conditions
[On completion of the course, you will receive an ADIA First Aid Awareness Certificate. Which is HANDSA Safety Approved.