The ADIA are extremely excited to announce that we are now officially an NOCN centre. We will soon be providing ADIA members with the below NVQ Diplomas in order for them to receive an ADIA BS EN16005 CSCS Card!
- Can I get a CSCS card without doing an NVQ?
Unless you already have an ADIA BS EN16005 CSCS card which is being renewed, no. From January 2020, we have been required to only deliver CSCS cards to those who have completed the NVQ and the ADIA BS EN16005.
- What are the benefits of undertaking an NVQ?
- You will get more work due to it being a recognised qualification
- You will gain access to a larger variety of sites with the CSCS card
- It is proof that your employee has attained competence in the national occupational standard
- It is less hassle to get workers on-site as their employees are part of the CSCS card scheme
- Customers will be impressed at the willingness for development within your company and will trust the work being carried out.
- What are the NVQs available?
The Diplomas are:
Five units must be completed for each NVQ.
- What is the NVQ process?
- Complete a CITB Health, safety and environment test at a centre near you. You can find your nearest one here. OR you can complete the ADIA Health & Safety Test (free of charge).
- Complete the ADIA NVQ Application form.
- Make the first payment on application.
- We will register you with NOCN.
- Induction to complete the registration documents, agree the qualification standards be undertaken, have the aims and performance criteria explained to them and complete the skill and knowledge questions.
- We build your portfolio with documents and evidence provided by yourself/your employer. These will include observations and questions on your knowledge and skills.
- On completion, final payment to be paid.
- Once you have reached the required standard your portfolio will be signed off and passed through to the NVQ assessing board who will issue the certificate.
- When the ADIA BS EN16005 has been completed, then CSCS card issued.
- What if I have not completed the BS EN16005?
If you currently have an ADIA BS EN16005 card you will be asked to provide your card number at the time of booking your NVQ.
If you haven’t completed the BS EN16005, you will be asked to book your course at the same time as the NVQ. Should you complete the BS EN16005 before the NVQ is completed, you will be given an ADIA Trainee Card which is valid for one year.
- I need a CSCS card ASAP, can you help?
Firstly, you must complete a CITB Health, safety and environment test at a centre near you. You can find your nearest one here. Once you have completed that, you can get an ADIA Trainee CSCS card, which will be upgraded to a full card on completion of the NVQ and BS EN16005.
- What makes your NVQ different from other providers?
On application we will ask for a range of documents to help build your portfolio quicker:
- Portfolios are digital. We will ask for documents to be uploaded to your own individual page which we will deliver to NOCN.
- Our NVQs are at a discounted rate.
- Unless required, we will deliver assessments via video and Skype meaning no travel costs will be added to your bill. Your invoice will be at a flat rate.
- Our NVQ should take approximately 3 months to complete (based on information provided by the candidate)
- When can I apply for an NVQ?
Applications will be launched on the 1st March via the ADIA website.
- How much is an NVQ?
We will be informing members of the NVQ standalone price and the NVQ/BS EN16005 combo price at the time of launch.
The price will be per NVQ, per engineer.
You will be able to book the diplomas if you have already completed the ADIA BS EN16005* OR as a bundle with the BS EN16005.
- Can I use my free course against the NVQ?
As with the ADIA Diplomas, you will not be able to use your free course against the NVQ. You can, however, use it for the BS EN16005 if you so wish. We will be offering a bundle price for those who book the BS EN16005 and NVQ together.
Please note that you can no longer get a CSCS card by completing the BS EN16005 alone.
Terms and conditions will apply.
In the meantime, if you do not have an ADIA BS EN16005 CSCS card and require one, please contact Paul@theadia.co.uk
For further questions regarding the NVQ please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*You will not be able to complete the NVQ without doing an ADIA BS EN16005.