This ADIA Gate Safety course has been designed to help anyone who wishes to gain knowledge of gate and barrier safety.
By law, any automatic gate or barrier has to be legally compliant with the Machine Directive which is a legal regulation, therefore, completing our online course and exam would take you one step closer towards this compliance.
The course provides learners with online study, animations, quizzes and mock exams and a one to one online training session offering the opportunity to obtain further knowledge which includes practical assessments and a final exam.
Self Study + 1 Day
£300 + VAT
why take our course?
The ADIA Gate Safety course :
- Is only available to ADIA members
- Easy to understand
- Provides online study for theoretical knowledge
- Has full audio voiceover for the online study
- Installer members can use this as their free course (one per year)
- Contains practical assessments
- Multiple choice exam (80% to pass)
- You will be listed on our Gate Safety Register
- Certificate and technician’s card
- Smart cards contain QR code linking to Gate Safety Profile
- Qualification lasts for four years
- Cards renewable annually free of charge
who is this course for?
- Those who work in the installation, maintenance and servicing of automated gates or barriers.
- Those who require an understanding of all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to automated gates and barriers.
what you will learn
The self-study and training day will allow you to:
- Have an understanding of how the various type of gates work
- Have an understanding of the relevant gate safety standards
- Understand the risk assessment process with automatic gates and barriers
- Understand the risks associated on the various gate types swing, sliding and folding gates.
- Understand the risks associated with barriers
On successful completion of the course (over 80% pass rate), you will be sent an ADIA certificate and ADIA Technician’s card through the post the within one week.
Cards are renewable annually and a refresher is taken every 4 years.