DSI Ltd have an opportunity for an automatic door engineer to join our team, role includes fitting, servicing, repairing and maintaining automatic and manual doors. . Candidate must have electrical knowledge and an understanding of low voltage circuits. Vehicle will be provided and salary negotiable, dependent upon experience and competency.
Please forward your CV by the 30th November 2018 to Erin firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Laura on October 29, 2018
- Full UK driving licence
- Smart appearance with an excellent customer service focus
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team
- On call rota
- Good overall knowledge of automatic doors
- Based in the Kent area
- Negotiable Salary with Overtime – OTE 45K+
- Private use of company vehicle
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Uniform and power tools supplied
- Excellent working environment with one of the best teams in the UK
Contact: David Campbell – email@example.com
Tel: 01621 840970
Posted by Laura on October 26, 2018
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Working for a family run business of over 45 years, specialising in all aspects of door automation including installation, servicing and repairs. The successful applicant will form part of our growing team of technicians serving our customers across the South East of England.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Experience in fitting, maintaining and repairing all types of automatic door systems.
- BS EN 16005 qualification is essential.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Some automatic gate & access control experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Field based role
- Repair, service and maintain all types of door systems to a high standard.
- Attend on-site breakdowns and emergency call outs as required.
- Seek to capitalize on opportunities for additional sales and maintenance contracts.
- Salary – Negotiable, dependable against experience and qualifications.
- The package includes large amount of paid overtime if the successful candidates require, company vehicle and mobile phone. The company has a fantastic management structure and the role presents an excellent chance of progression throughout the company.
If you think that your talents and capabilities are a great match against what we are looking for please send your CV via email immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Laura on September 3, 2018
Posted by Laura on May 21, 2018
Industrial Door Solutions Ltd are a premier repair and maintenance company who are looking for a further Engineer to help cover our growing customer database. We are looking for a qualified automatic door, gate and barrier engineer to cover mainly the Midlands and Northern areas (must also be willing to cover nationwide)
The position is available for immediate start.
Industrial Door knowledge would also be essential.
The applicant would be based from home using our field engineer software system.
• Full UK driving license
• Neat, punctual attitude
• Must be customer focused
• Must be a team player
• On call 1 in 7
• Overtime paid after basic hours, for overnight and weekend working.
• 20 days holidays, pro-rata from 1st April, and Bank holidays paid
• Company Power Tools (hand tools not provided)
• Wage flexible, depending on experience, competitive. Overtime can be frequent.
When planning work in we have to consider each job’s urgency. but we need the candidate to understand we are only here because of our customers and as such we cannot always guarantee what time they’ll finish each day. We will need the candidate to be flexible.
Please send CV to Damien Blanchard email@example.com.
Posted by Laura on May 10, 2018
HTL Windows & Doors install, service & repair automatic and manual door systems to commercial premises all over the UK. We are looking for a qualified automatic door engineer to cover the Midlands area.
- Full UK driving license
- Physically fit, some lifting is involved
- Neat, punctual attitude
- Ability to assess, diagnose and address customer needs regarding door systems
A van and mobile phone will be supplied and most working days will be spent travelling from site to site within the area, working alone and meeting with colleagues on larger 2 man jobs when required.
Some of our customers required out of hours installations and call outs, the candidate must be prepared for overtime to meet these needs and to be part of a weekend call out rota that generally averages out at one weekend per month
Salary competitive and dependant on knowledge and experience
Please submit CV or request an application form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Laura on April 5, 2018
Are you a company who works closely with automatic doors? Do you work with security and alarm systems and want to develop skills to automatic doors?
Do you have an electrical engineer background? Work with roller shutters and are looking to expand your business?
We would love to have you on board as a member of our association!
We always recommend ensuring you and your engineers have some training with automatic doors, preferably with our supplier members. Many supplier members have training facilities where they can show you their products and how they work.
Once you’ve got this training covered and with your electrical background, you can take on our service and maintenance course. This is perfect for those engineers looking to follow a guide on how to service and maintain doors safely, following our service form. If you have a year of experience under your belt, it will be time to book the BS EN16005 accredited by City & Guilds which will give you the knowledge in safe automatic pedestrian doors, complete with e-learning, practical training and assessments.
If you want more information on training email email@example.com or for details of membership (each application is reviewed) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo via Elite Entrance Systems
Posted by Laura on April 4, 2018
Action Doors install, service & repair automatic and manual door systems to commercial premises in the South East and Central London. We are looking for a further 2 x Automatic Door Engineer’s who are based within our working area to join our team.
- Clean UK driving license
- Physically fit, some lifting is involved
- Problem-solving attitude
Candidates need not necessarily have had experience in the door industry. We are looking for an engineer who has some electrical knowledge and a strong mechanical aptitude to intuitively be able to work through the possible causes to a door problem, and have a desire to fix these soundly. We work primarily with aluminium and a knowledge of fixing into metal is required.
As an independent company, we work with a variety of door equipment so the successful candidate must be of a calibre to relate their knowledge from training to familiar and not so familiar operating equipment, from different manufacturers. Candidates need to be polite, presentable and confident in speaking with our clients on site, to reassure and demonstrate work done.
The working week is Mon – Fri. When planning work in we have to consider each job’s urgency, mileage between sites, rush hour traffic, each engineer’s ability and van stock/location of parts. We try to keep the working day to within in a couple of hours of 7am-5pm but we need the candidate to understand we are only here because of our customers and as such we cannot always guarantee what time they’ll finish each day. We will need the candidate to be flexible. Some larger installations or quoted repair work is planned for weekends or overnight if stipulated by the client, and as part of a small team, each plays their part.
Once training has been provided and a sound workable knowledge of the door equipment and procedures has been attained, a van will be supplied and most working days will be spent travelling from site to site within the home counties or into Central London, working alone only meeting with colleagues on larger 2 man jobs when required. A mobile phone is provided to enable regular contact throughout the working day to update on progress, relay new works and for supportive technical advice when required.
This is a challenging and diverse position but for the right candidate can be very rewarding. Those engineers suited to the position have been with us many years.
- Basic 45 hour week paid from leaving home to returning home.
- Overtime paid after basic hours, for overnight and weekend working.
- 20 days holidays, pro-rata from 1st April, and Bank holidays paid
- Van and mobile phone for business use only
- Company machine tools (hand tools not provided)
Wage flexible, depending on experience, competitive. Overtime can be frequent. Weekend call out cover on a rota basis.
DEADLINE: On going, until the positions are filled
Please send CV to Diana Stewart on email@example.com
For further information of what Action Doors do candidates may wish to view our website www.action-doors.co.uk
Posted by Laura on March 12, 2018