- January 19, 2016
- Posted by: Laura
We at the ADIA ensure that all of our benefits will be of use to our members. However, sometimes they can be easily forgotten. Here’s a little reminder of some of what’s on offer and how you can be using them.
Free listing on our online Directory and in our printed Directory
We send out the ADIA Directory to over 3000 companies that could hire your company. With your company logo and description of services, you can make your business stand out from the others. Be sure to have a professional and well-written description to ensure your potential clients choose you to do business with.
Use of the ADIA logo
Many businesses across the UK are now becoming more and more familiar with the ADIA and the training opportunities we provide our members. Displaying the ADIA logo on your vans, website and email signatures will show potential clients that you are part of something that is ever-growing and developing to ensure the best service.
Email us today for the logo, or log into the ADIA Member’s Area
Free invitations to meetings and events
We know our members are busy but we believe that attending events such as our AGM and networking events could open up more doors (pardon the pun) to more business ventures for your company.
KEEPING YOU UPDATED
To ensure our newsletters contain content that is useful to our members, we are now sending them via email on a quarterly basis. This way members can be linked to various websites, are able to download forms online and save the newsletter to their mobile phone or tablet. Be sure we have the email address you wish to have this sent to!
If you’re one for ignoring emails (don’t do that!) we post important member information on our website, such as meeting details and event information. Of course, we do limit what we put on our public site to ensure our members are updated first.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
ADIA Health and Safety Test
The ADIA has created an online ADIA Health and Safety course that engineers will need to complete before sitting the BS EN16005 course.
If an engineer has done their BS EN16005 and needs to update their card they must have completed this H&S test before a new card can be issued.
BS EN16005 course and exam accredited by City & Guilds
The ADIA are the only providers of the BS EN16005 which is accredited by City and Guilds. You can see why accreditation is important here.
Installer members get one free engineer to sit any course they like per year, so be sure to book the free place for one of your engineers today!
Also, we’ve been informing surveyors, architects and UK councils and more about the BS EN16005.
- The course includes a copy of the BS EN16005 document.
- All automatic door engineers who complete the Health & Safety Test will receive an ADIA CSCS technician’s card and certificate with City & Guilds number.
- Accredited engineers will be promoted with their companies on the DoorSafe Register
As well as our BS EN16005, we have created other awareness courses, both practical online including:
- ADIA Installation of Pedestrian Doorsets Course
- ADIA Surveying & Estimating Course
- ADIA Online Commissioning Course
- ADIA Online Risk Assessment Course
Once your engineers have passed these fantastic courses you can promote their certifications thus attracting the attention of new clients.
We have updated our courses page to contain some more information on what you will achieve with each course and a break down of our what types of courses we have on offer (All Courses, BS EN16005 Courses, Practical Courses and Online Courses). Click here to explore the new pages and familiarise yourself with the new layout.
It doesn’t stop with these four courses. In 2018 we introduced Diplomas which you will receive on completion of selected courses (including the above).
The Diplomas are as follows. Click on the links below and to view the details of the Diplomas.
- ADIA Service & Repair of Pedestrian Doorsets Diploma
- ADIA Installation of Pedestrian Doorsets Diploma
- ADIA Surveying & Estimating of Pedestrian Doorsets Diploma
- ADIA Service, Repair, Installation, Surveying & Estimating of Pedestrian Doorsets Diploma
Simply by logging into the ADIA Member’s Area you can save money on many useful business tools.
- Free consultation and discounted legal advice with Sydney Mitchell Solicitors
- Cheaper AA Breakdown Cover
- Cheaper fuel with the Fuelcard Company
- 70% tool and skip hire with Nationwide Services
- Discounted van and car hire with Budget
- Discounted insurance with Square Mile Broking
- Discounted web design, SEO and social media services with Amplified Web
- 30% off BSI publications
- Discounted eye care with Vision Express
- Cheaper office supplies with Quills
- Discounted health insurance with Westfield Health
- 10% off printing and design with Newton Press
If you need your log in details, feel free to email us, email@example.com and we will be happy to help!