The ADIA online Asbestos Awareness Course will help you to learn new skills and knowledge that help you understand asbestos, where its found and what to do when finding it.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos and helps employers to comply with the law by ensuring that their workers are appropriately trained in order to work safely.
The candidate will learn about:
- Understand why asbestos-containing materials can be harmful and need to be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the ill-health effects that asbestos can have.
- Know how to undertake an asbestos risk assessment.
- Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- Know what the responsibilities of employers and employees are under health and safety law.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures.
Asbestos Awareness training helps workers to understand the risks associated with the material so that they can avoid work that may disturb asbestos. Our online course and test provides a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos and helps employers to comply with the law by ensuring that their workers are appropriately trained in order to work safely.
The ADIA Asbestos Awareness Course:
- Is only available to ADIA members
- Is FREE of charge
- Ensures compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (Regulation 4)
- Is a fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Has full audio voiceover
- Is approximate takes 1-2 hours completion
- Certificate can be printed directly from your home or office
Online Self-Study + Online Exam
Who is this course for?
- Site Managers
- Project Manager
- Installation Worker
What you will learn
On completion of the course you will be able to understand :
- The Legal Framework
- Risk Assessment
- Asbestos Containing Materials
- Emergency Procedures
On completion of the course, you will receive an ADIA Asbestos Awareness Certificate. Which is HANDSA Safety Approved.