IT’S LIVE! As mentioned at the ADIA Annual General Meeting on the 1st October, we have now launched our Access Control Course!
The ADIA Access Control Course is aimed at ADIA members who wish to further their knowledge on access control and increase their services to their existing and future clients. Perfect for those who already work in access control and receive a certificate to display their knowledge in their services.
THIS COURSE LOOKS AT:
- Physical Security
- Electric Locks (maglocks, electric strike, shear locks and more)
- Manual Locks (mortice lock, deadlocks, night latches)
- Door Closers
- Designing an Access Control System
- Surveying for an Access Control System
- Networking an Access Control System (server and software)
- Stand-alone systems
- Intercom systems
- Keypads, pins, biometric scanners, time clocks, relays
- Interfacing access control with an automatic door system
- Principals of turnstiles, barriers and gates.
- Testing and commissioning of an access control system.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- Members who currently work in access control
- Those looking to increase their existing knowledge of access control
- Members who are new to access control and wish to extend their business
- Members who are looking to save money on subcontracting to access control companies
- Engineers that want to increase their portfolio and certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Install all variety of electric locking (maglocks, motorised bolts, electric strike),
- Programme key cards, pins and other access control credentials,
- Gain experience on various systems including programming via software,
- Planning an access control system for a building,
- Fill in a site survey form.
The course is in the process of being City & Guilds accredited.
REMEMBER: INSTALLER MEMBERS GET ONE FREE COURSE PER YEAR (RENEWED IN JANUARY) SO BE SURE TO USE IT BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!